"My Love, My Treasure, My Family"

Saturday, February 27, 2010

All is Well...

It's been 3 days since Pedro had knee surgery. My poor husband was complaining while waiting for the OR that his hand was hurting because of the IV (he hasn't been hospitalized for about 40 years and is not used to having some nurse stick a needle in his hand and then secure it with tape) and I was laughing about it since being a woman with four children you kind of get used to the whole drill of being admitted, change into hospital gown, have IV line secured to your hand for 5, 10, 24 hours?, get ready for excrutiating pain and endure until you have a baby in your arms, right? Well, my husband is not used to all this, so he was having a hard time with the IV, he wouldn't even let me touch his hand because "I might hurt him". Well, after he had surgery and we came home, the REAL pain began. I felt so bad for him, every little movement was painful and even having his leg up on pillows would hurt him. But he was a good trooper and endured to the end. It's been three days and he is SO much better. He even walked without his cane or crutches today. I am so PROUD of him. I hope he can feel completely better soon, he is really ready to go back to work, driving his truck and going around the valley, not sitting in the office sorting papers. We'll go back to the doctor's office on Thursday and see what's the next step.
So with all the doctor's appoinments and the chaos that our family goes through, all is well...

No comments:

Post a Comment