"My Love, My Treasure, My Family"

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Going to the theater with Pedrito...Strike one!

So here is what happened; my husband decided to take the kids to the theater to watch "Rango".  I was going to stay home with Pedrito.  Then my husband says - "I think we should all go and see if Pedrito behaves.  Don't you think we should give it a try?  Besides, if he starts getting restless I'll take him outside and stay with him"  So there we are, all nervous about it, and he's doing good.  about 30 min. before the movie ends, he decides he wants to go to the restroom and Angie graciously offers to take him.  The movie ends and they never came back, so here I am thinking that maybe after he was done they stayed in the back row.  But they are nowhere in sight.  I go to the restroom.  Nothing.  We finally go outside and there he is smiling and playing on top of this big, cement turtle...Angie is sitting on the side...face cold and serious...tears about to roll down her cheeks...  She comes to me in a menacing attitude and tells me - "He DID NOT want to pee!  He just started to run around the lobby so I had to chase him and he REFUSED to go back to watch the rest of the movie.  SOOOO I had to come outside and now I missed the movie.   I felt sooooo bad for Angie, then I felt mad at my husband for insisting we come together, then for not fulfilling his promise.  I promised Angie we would come again and we will watch any movie she wants.

After that, Mesa Frozen Yogurt seemed to heal the wound in my sweet daughter's heart.   That and a free hour on Facebook seemed to do the trick, but one thing is for sure,  I am NOT "giving it a try" for at least 6 more months >: /
                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment