"My Love, My Treasure, My Family"

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Target Shooting in the Desert

Today we decided we wanted to do something we haven't done for a very long time: Target shooting. We are surrounded by beautiful desert and it shouldn't be hard to find a nice quiet, out of the way place to do this, right? Wrong! We didn't want to go to Usery Park, we just wanted to go to the desert and believe it or not we drove, and drove, and drove and we just kept getting signs saying: No Target Shooting Allowed. We also found lots of: State Trust Land, access allowed with a permit. Oh and yes we also found this one: U.S. Government Property, No Trespassing. I didn't want to go all the way to Maricopa and suggested to somewhere around the Superstitions Mountains for our family activity and we just kept getting this signs EVERYWHERE! We finally found this little place, don't ask me where because we were even lucky to find highway 60 after we were done, but anyway, we were so happy and Angie, Emma, Pedrito and I went exploring in the desert while Erik and Pedro got their targets ready, and guess what we found? THREE dead CoWs!!!! You'll see the picture at the end ( I had to put them at the end since Pedro still is so nauseated just by looking at them). I even told Erik we might be able to "make" him the leather jacket he wants so bad (ha,ha,ha,ha) but he didn't like the idea. We had a good time there enjoying the desert and we had a nice little lunch at the end of our adventure. THe END.









No comments:

Post a Comment