"My Love, My Treasure, My Family"

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 2009

Twenty years ago when I first came to this country, I celebrated Thanksgiving Day for the first time in my life. This is an strictly American holiday. It has become one of my most favorite holidays of all ( Christmas is still number one) because of the profound meaning it has. I don't know of any other country that sets apart one day a year as a NATIONAL holiday to give thanks for all the blessings we have, as far as I know there is no other. I am an immigrant and I know there are SO many things I am thankful for, one of them is living in this wonderful country that has allowed me to do so many things I never thought of doing before because it just wasn't affordable. Traveling to Hawaii, not once but twice, buying a brand new car, buying a brand new house, visiting Disneyland and Universal Studios, vacationing in Yellowstone and Seattle, WA.... and then the most important event in my life, accepting the gospel and becoming a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Many, many blessings have come to my life just for this single decision I made when I was fifteen years old. I have an eternal family, four beautiful children that both enrich and challenge my life everyday, a husband who loves me and I love him no matter what, a mother, a sister and three nieces and a nephew who are always there for me when I need them, and REALLY good friends that have welcomed me and my family with open arms. Thanksgiving Day helps me count my blessings.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment